Registration is Free! Annual Paid Membership is available with a range of added benefits.
What are the benefits of being a PANSA member?
- PANSA members receive PANSA monthly newsletters, with insider industry information and information on funding deadlines etc
- Network with other Industry players
- Members are able to approach PANSA to act on their behalf.
- Participate in PANSA projects at reduced or no costs and receive preferential or exclusive notification of offers.
- Reduced rates at paying workshops held by PANSA
- PANSA is continually engaged in negotiating a range of lifestyle benefits for its members, for example discounted theatre tickets - this varies between provinces
- Members of PANSA may also be directly involved in formulating and implementing strategies that advance the sector as a whole.
- Assistance with Funding Applications
How many meetings does one have to attend as a member of PANSA?
Ordinary members are expected to attend at least one meeting per year – the Annual General Meeting in the province to set new policies, agree on a programme of action for the next year and elect a Provincial Steering Committee.
Past and present members:
PANSA members include companies such as Jazzart Dance Theatre, Cape Town Opera, Moving into Dance, Fantastic Flying Fish, Third World Bunfight, Opera Africa, First Physical Theatre Company and Handspring Puppet Theatre Company; individuals like Boyzie Cekwana, Jay Pather, David Kramer, Marthinus Basson, Gladys Agulhas, Greig Coetzee, Gregory Maqoma, Neo Muyanga, Stuart Taylor, Fiona Ramsay, Martin Koboekae, Malika Ndlovu and Andrew Buckland and institutions such as the Johannesburg Civic Theatre, Stellenbosch Drama Department, University of Pretoria Drama Dept, Liberty Theatre on the Square, Baxter Theatre Centre, Pretoria Technikon Drama Dept, Centre for Creative Arts, UOVS Drama Department, RAU Arts and UCT Drama School.
How do I join PANSA?
Either Click here to sign up on line, Paid members may also download a form here or obtained from the national or regional offices, and by paying a membership fee, that is payable each year to maintain one’s membership.
PANSA Annual Paid Membership fees:
|Organisations with less than 25 members/staff||R250|
|Organisations with more than 25 members/staff|| |
|Individuals who belong to organisations which are members of PANSA may join PANSA as individuals for R25 per year to ensure direct receipt of information and other benefits.|
|Organisations which would like to receive more than one newsletter, or have newsletters and newsflashes sent directly to certain members, must pay the organisational fee, plus R25 for each individual member and supply the names and direct e-mail addresses of each such member.|